Thursday, August 7, 2008

3pm

It happens around 3:00 every day. I'm doing well with the kids, managing the nausea (although eating too much), then 3:00 hits and I turn into a monster. Seriously, I get grumpy, snap at the kids, all I want to do is lay down and have Sean walk in the door to save the day. It hasn't always been like this, just this first trimester with this pregnancy. Grant and Lauren are managing well, but I feel like a big jerk. I also then tell myself I don't have enough energy to make dinner and a bunch of other things. I know remedies to all of this: I need to hit the gym so I have more energy (which is true), I need to eat small things all day long to battle the nausea, etc. So yesterday I decided to get back into the Word. You know, THE WORD, the B-I-B-L-E. And it helped. Of course it would, why wouldn't it? I took a long shower last night after putting the kids to bed. I wanted to get in bed at 9pm, but I stayed up and read the Bible. It was worth it. Today is a new day. I have an hour to go until 3, but I'm feeling pretty good. Even thinking about cleaning the bathrooms.... one step at a time though. ha. I took the kids to the store so Grant could pick out his first backpack - of course, it was green. Then we hit Chick-fil-A for lunch with Aunt Aileen. Lauren's now sleeping, Sean says he's coming home early and Grant just wants to make a pillow fort. I think I'm up for making dinner tonight. Thank you Lord.

3 comments:

Chad and Alison said...

Hey Amy and Sean, Chad Laughlin here. I was just "hopping" through blogs of GC friends and came across yours. Your kids are adorable. We actually have 2 also with a 3rd on the way. We found out today its another boy. Poor Lilly just wanted a sister. Oh well.

Tiffany said...

3 pm huh? i will try my hardest to pray for you around 5 pm our time. maybe i should set the alarm on my phone - since Cadence came along that is about the only way i keep in schedule and remember things. how many weeks are you now? almost done with that weird first trimester right? we have to tear down the dog fence - the city says it is "illegal" fencing according to zoning ordinance 400-230 (oh, that explains it all...hahaha) and we 10 days to change/tear down. we are now on day 10...

Chad and Alison said...

Luke and Lilly are twins. They turn 3 in October. Good luck on "the waiting". I'm always impressed when people wait to find out what they are having because I just can't seem to stand the wait.